< Activities & Programs
< Youth Sports
Youth Track and Field
Runners take your mark….Set….Go!!! Boys and Girls of all skill levels are welcome to participate in the MPRB’s Youth Track & Field Program. Youth will have the opportunity to learn the skills involved in track and field and then compete at their own age level. It is a great opportunity to meet new friends and get into shape. Join the team today!
Youth Track & Field Program
- Registration: Offered directly through participating Recreation Centers
- Ages: 9-18
- Meets: The season will be comprised of 4 regular season meets.
- Tournament: City-Championship Meet will be offered to those who participate and qualify
- Rules: See the bulletin for specific rules
- Officials: MPRB staff work as timers and officials at all meets
- Meet Location: Roosevelt High School or Washburn High School
- MPRB Youth Sports Options
Summer League Details
- 2013 Youth Summer Bulletin
- Dates: May to July
- Divisions: Boys & Girls
- Events include: Shot Put, Running Long Jump, High Jump, Turbo Javelin, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m and 1600m (mile), 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 relays.
- Meet Details: Individuals can enter a maximum of 3 events. (2 running and 1 field or 2 fields and 1 running – relays not included)
Become a Coach
Ready to register?
Contact your local Recreation Center directly for youth sport league registration information and details. Only Minneapolis teams are eligible for Youth Sports programs and 80% of team members must live within Minneapolis city limits.
Search and Register for Youth Track and Field.