Gardening beautifies the Minneapolis park system and builds a sense of community. Each year, the MPRB provides opportunities for individuals or groups to lend a hand and tend a garden for the duration of the gardening season through the Park Stewards Program. One time gardening opportunities are also available to work alongside trained, professional gardeners from the MPRB to help care for, and maintain beauty within existing parks and gardens.
Garden Volunteer Opportunities
One-time and on-going volunteer opportunities can be found at:
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden & Bird Sanctuary at Theodore Wirth Park Regular opportunities include invasive plant removal and spring planting events. Visit our main registration page for more information or email email@example.com to be added to their email list.
- Longfellow Gardens at Minnehaha Park
Occasional Saturday volunteer opportunities throughout the summer months. For more information on the volunteer schedule, please contact Teresa Burton, MPRB Gardener, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loring Park’s Garden of the Seasons
Contact the Loring Garden Friends Hotline at 612-673-5395 or email email@example.com for regular volunteer opportunities.
- Lyndale Gardens: Rose, Peace, Annual/Perennial, Trial Border & Butterfly Gardens have limited weekend/evening opportunities as the gardens are utilized for weddings and special events on weekends. When scheduled, available opportunities can be found on our main registration page.
- Nokomis Naturescape at Lake Nokomis
On-going volunteer opportunities include most Tuesday evening, 6:30-8:30pm, during the growing season. To join this group, please contact volunteer lead, Vicki a firstname.lastname@example.org.