< Activities & Programs
< Youth Sports
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board offers softball leagues, clinics and special events for ages 8-18. In partnership with the Minnesota Twins and the Minnesota Twins Community Fund, the MPRB has been able to offer a quality softball program for thousands of kids in the city.
Youth Softball Program Details
- Registration: Offered directly through participating Recreation Centers.
- Ages: 8 to 18 years of age.
- Games: Teams guaranteed 10 regular season games.
- Tournament: Invitational Tournaments will be conducted in all leagues.
- Rules: Follow ASA rules with MPRB modifications.
- Officials: All games officiated by ASA and/or MPRB certified officials.
- Game Locations: Leagues are scheduled to play at several MPRB locations.
- MPRB Youth Sports Options
Spring League Details
- 2013 Youth Softball Bulletin
- Dates: May to August
- 10U Slow Pitch
- 12U Fast Pitch
- 14U Fast Pitch
- 18U Fast Pitch
- Since 1993, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board has been partnering with the Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Twins Community Fund to bring youth baseball and softball to children who would otherwise not have the opportunity or the funds to enjoy America’s past-time. Each season, the Minnesota Twins RBI and Rookie League program involves more than 2,500 boys and girls between the ages of 8-18.
Become a Coach
Become an Official
Ready to register?
Contact your local Recreation Center directly for youth sport league registration information and details. Only Minneapolis teams are eligible for Youth Sports programs and 80% of team members must live within Minneapolis city limits.
Search and Register for Youth Softball.