< Trees & the Urban Forest
< Tree Removal
| || |
About Tree Removal Permits
Requests for tree removal must be made to the Forestry Division. Keep the following in mind with regard to Tree Removal Permits:
- The Forestry Division has the authority to deny a permit request if it is in the public's best interests.
- In the event that a removal permit is permissible then the property owner must compensate the MPRB before the request can be accommodated. This compensation must be for the value of the tree to be removed.
- The Director of Forestry has the authority to negotiate the rate and amount of compensation.
- If the tree can be transplanted to a new public location then the property owner may be required to arrange and pay for the transplanting as specified and coordinated by the Forestry Division.
- Permitted removals or transplantings must be done contractually by a company that is licensed by the City of Minneapolis to do tree work.
- The cost of a removal shall be the responsibility of the permit applicant. After these requirements are met Forestry may issue a permit for the requested removal.