< Permits & Reservations
Use & Event Permitting
Minneapolis parks and their facilities are great places for wholesome, healthy outdoor recreation and entertainment special events, such as walks, runs, art fairs and fundraisers.
Permits must be obtained to use park land and facilities for a special event.
The MPRB issues three types of permits:
- Facilities Use: Permit process and application to bring anything to a park that is not natural to the park area, such as tents, amplification, dumpster, moving van, etc.
- The 2013 Use & Event Permit Application is now available to all returning events that have taken place last year between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- Returning 2013 events interested in reserving the same event in 2014, may submit a 2014 Use & Event Permit Application beginning 365 days prior to the proposed 2014 event date.
- All new events for 2013, Please submit a 2013 Use & Event Permit Application applications for new events will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2013.
- New events interested in reserving an event date in 2014, may submit a 2014 Use & Event Permit Application beginning 335 days prior to the proposed 2014 event date.
- 2013 Schedule of Fees: List of the 2013 Use and Event fees.
- Parkways Use: Permit to drive a bus, truck, limousine, trolley or horse and carriage on MPRB parkways.
Completed Facilities Use and Parkways Use applications must be submitted at least 10 days before the event either in person or by mail to: Special Events Permit Office, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis MN 55411.
Completed Booth Rental applications can be submitted through June 23, 2013 in person or by mail to Special Events Permit Office, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis MN 55411, or onsite at Loring Park on June 22-23, 2013.