|Cowles Conservatory Wedding or Reception Site
Cowles Conservatory at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, located on Vineland Place across from the Walker Art Center, offers visitors an opportunity to visit the tropics right in Minnesota! Permanent and seasonal displays of native, tropical and exotic plants, orchids, palms and other fragrant and beautiful plant species occupy this all glass building.
Cowles Conservatory at The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is situated in the largest urban sculpture garden in the United States, an 11-acre garden setting of plazas, walkways and plantings featuring important works of art by leading American and International artists. Guest will be captivated by the colossal Spoonbridge and Cherry Fountain by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje Van Bruggen, The Irene Hixon Whitney Footbridge designed by Siah Armajani that connects the Sculpture Garden with Loring Park and downtown Minneapolis and the Alene Grossman Memorial Arbor, a 300-foot long vine covered stainless steel arbor complete with colorful paintings of perennial and annual flowers.
Cowles Conservatory at The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, the perfect place to create lasting memories!
Cowles Conservatory at The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is available for rental year-round and can accommodate groups ranging from approximately 75 guests for plated, sit-down dinners to 150 guests for stand-up, appetizer and cocktail events. Full Service Food and Beverage Catering.
Wedding Site Features
- Indoor facility to guarantee protection from all types of weather
- Off-street parking for over 400 vehicles
- Option to hold reception within the Conservatory
- Cowles Conservatory is available to permit wedding ceremonies from:
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- *Later bookings are available if reception is booked at Cowles as well
- Click here for current rates.
Reservation and Payment
- Payment is due in full at the time of the reservation is made. Payment may be made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express) over the phone or online. Payment may be made by cash, check, credit card in person at Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Customer Service (2117 West River Road).
- No refunds. An option of a one-time-change is available (for a time or date that is available at the same location). This one-time-change is at an additional fee of $50.
For More Information Email us at email@example.com or call Customer Service Monday-Friday 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. at 612-230-6400.